Friday, October 20, 2006

What Size Ohsawa Pot Fits Your Pressure Cooker?*
Presto 4 qt, Silit 5 1/2 qt, Kuhn Rikon 2 3/4 qt, 3 3/4 qt...Small (S) Ohsawa Pot
Presto 4 qt.....................S, Medium (M) Ohsawa Pot(s)

Kuhn Rikon 5 1/4 qt, Silit 8 qt, Presto 6 qt.......................S, M, Intermediate (I) Ohsawa Pot(s)

Kuhn Rikon 6 qt, Presto 8 qt, ......................S, M, I, and Large (L) Ohsawa Pot(s)

(*thanks to Gold Mine Natural Foods for that catchy title and most of the sizing information)

2 comments:

adam said...

The large Ohsawa pot does not fit in the six quart Presto. At least, not with the lid on.

Bruce Paine said...

Hi Adam,
You will see that the Large Ohsawa Pot fits in the Kuhn Rikon 6 qt, Presto 8 qt.

My first Ohsawa Pot that I bought in 1988 was a Large and I got it with a large 8-12 quart SEB stainless steel pressure cooker (that I have since given away to a needy macrobiotic family)!

You can find larger pressure cookers through this webpage http://when-you-are-under-a-lot-of-pressure.blogspot.com/ and from Amazon.

I hope that helps.

Thank you, very much.

Bruce Paine